Sunday 28 May 2017

ESAD 2017/18 Annual Catty Sneak Peek Blog Hop


Hello lovelies! Today I am participating in another ESAD blog hop with the theme being Sneak Peek of the brand new Annual Catalogue for 2017/18 or aka  "catty " in Stampin' Up speak. You might be starting with me or maybe you have just seen some gorgeous projects from Josie Dean, for some amazing inspiration make sure you hop right around to all of us.


One of the many perks for being a demonstrator is you have the opportunity to go to Stampin' Up's twice yearly OnStage event (conference) and other than catching up with friends and making new ones you also get to see and play with new product a lot earlier than the general public, you even go home with a copy of the new catalogue, get to put in an order of selected items and wait for it, go home with freebies of the new stamp sets and products! This enables us to have a good play with it before we get to unleash it on our fabulous customers! So, we have had a bit of a play by now and thought we would get together and show off some of the projects we have come up with. Warning! It is probably going to grow your wishlist somewhat when you see all the awesome projects everyone has made to share today.

For my card today I have used the stamp set Happy Birthday Gorgeous, I love, love, love the font on this one.


To make this card I used a second generation stamping technique. I saw the technique demonstrated by Jennifer McGuire. It involves stamping exactly the same design twice. Firstly, fully inked up and then on the second piece without re-inking the stamp, hence you get a lighter image. The square that the sentiment is on is cut from the middle of the second piece of paper (with the lighter image). Ideally it would have been great if I had time to make something with the leftover pieces but I have been so busy planning for the Stampin' Day Retreat that myself and two of my stamping buddies are holding in a couple of weeks that alas, I ran out of time. But! stay tuned I will create with them in the near future and I will be sure to show you the results.
Of course, while I have the stamps and inks out I might as well make the inside pretty too and the envelope usually gets a bit of attention as well.

Well, I hope you have a pen and paper out beside you while you hop around from one demonstrator to another as I really feel that you will want to put some things down on your list for once the new catalogue goes on sale on the 1st June.

Thank you for stopping by today and thank you to all those lovely people who have subscribed to my blog and leave comments! (Note - to do this you need to actually click on the title of my post and go to my actual blog page.) To keep on hopping, just click the arrow below and you will be taken to some amazing delights from Cheryl Algie.



Product List

Blog Hop Participants:

21 comments:

  1. A really pretty card Megan. Thanks for joining us on the ESAD Blog Hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan, I love how you have used multiple stamps to create your card - something I never think to do...Gorgeous colours too <3
    Cheers Shaz

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the whole card, but particularly the inside. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a happy card for a perfect Happy Birthday Megan. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Megan you have opened my mind up to this set! Thanks for sharing a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card Megan! Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just gorgeous, I love a bit of generation stamping x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is altogether a little bit (lot) clever Megan! What a beautiful collage made from all those stamps. So well executed! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty card. Love those little flowers on the inside

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love this Megan. The way you have put all the elements together is amazing and that centre sentiment panel with the second generation stamping is so clever. It is like a type of spotlight stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Megan I have been staring at that stamp set on my desk for over a week and was trying to work out how to do exactly this ... needless to say I will be CASEing you in the very near future, Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great technique Megan and a beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful Megan. I have yet to ink my set up but thanks for the inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty and what a lovely stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  16. that is absolutely beautiful. love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A lovely cards. Thanks I so needed your inspiration Iv been staring at this set all week. 💕

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the colours you have used so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card. Your colour choices really appeal to me.

    ReplyDelete