Saturday 21 April 2018

What's Up? for Colour INKspiration #31


Hi there everybody! I do hope you are having a fantastic week. Today I am sharing a card I created for the Colour INKspiration Challenge. It is a fortnightly colour challenge, this fortnights colour palette is below, you can also click on the image and be taken to the challenge Facebook page for more info.

Very regal colours aren't they? First thing I do when I do a colour challenge is get a piece of card stock out of each of the colours and see what inspiration hits me. This week all I could come up with was Autumn type cards with the Colourful Season stamp set but I'm sure I have done one before like that and didn't want to do a repeat performance! 

My craft studio is a larger bedroom in our house that used to belong my daughter. At the end of last year Miss P finished year 12 and decided that she wanted to move into the front room of our house (most people would use it as the study, this is where my craft studio was located) and give me the much larger room for my studio. How lucky am I to have such a gem of a daughter?! We did a big clean out as we transitioned rooms and I think she really enjoys her new "adult" room, having stored or donated a lot of her childhood toys & paraphernalia, her new room reflects more of the person she is now (she turns 18 in a couple of  weeks!!!, does that mean I will then have to call her Ms P?!).

Anyway, getting back to the point of this little story, we share the craft studio with each of us having our own desk and of course most of the room taken over by Stampin' Up! supplies. We will often both be working in there, me designing projects and her working on her assignments for uni. It works so well as we can bounce ideas off of each other, me reading/listening to parts of assignments and in turn Miss P giving me advice on projects I'm working on. In this case, Miss P came up with the whole concept of the card. When I showed her the colours she immediately said they remind her of a jungle and why don't I use the giraffes in the new stamp set that I received at OnStage, Animal Outing (you can get your hands on this super cute stamp set when the new catalogue comes out June 1st) and have their heads popping up above the trees. So off I went and here is the result.....


I'm really happy with how it turned out, Miss P also thought to use the Sprinkles of Life stamp set and coordinating Build a Tree Punch for the tree tops (this stamp set & punch is retiring so don't miss out on a super versatile stamp set). The Animal Outing stamp set only has the giraffe image facing to the left so I mounted the giraffe stamp in my Stamparatus stamped the image onto the silicon craft mat and then quickly placed some whisper white over top of the image and brayered across the back of the cardstock to transfer the now mirror image of the giraffe. I found the Tempting Turquoise to be a bit to bright so I toned it down with a piece of velum that I white heat embossed some clouds onto. The sentiment was done with the Labeller Alphabet stamp set, a must to have in your cache for those times that you want to create your own sentiment.

Some inside love!

I hope you enjoyed my card, thanks for stopping by!

Cheers Megan xx


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Your daughter has great ideas! I was wondering...what stamp set did the clouds come from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pat! The clouds are from the Lift Me Up Stamp Set

      Delete