Thursday 12 April 2018

Just Add Ink - Guest Designer!!



Hello lovelies! I am very honoured today to be a guest designer for the Just Add Ink Designer Team. I was thrilled to be a place getter for their 400th challenge, they sent me an awesome gift as a prize but the big win I feel is being to blog with this talented crew! The theme this week is......


Woo hoo, an interactive card challenge! I love seeing peoples faces when they open a handmade card but it certainly goes to another level when they realise the card moves, pops or shakes in this instance. One of my favourite stamp sets is the Jar of Love and I have been meaning to make a shaker card version of it for FOREVER, but you know, not enough hours in the day for everything I want to make, so I was stoked that this opportunity came up. In keeping with the stamp sets name, "Jar of Love" I decided to fill my jar with the tiniest wooden hearts from the Hearts & Stars Embellishments and some Iridescent Sequins for a bit of sparkle. Not just any of those sequins from the pack, no! I had to only have the Pool Party ones to completely match my card, tweezers are great when you are being a bit OCD and matchy-matchy.


To make the shaker element I attached a piece of window sheet to the back side of the jar die cut and then completely framed the whole piece with Foam Adhesive Strips to give it the depth. A tip before you peel off the back of your adhesive strips is to get a bit of talc on a cotton tip and "unsticky" the sides of your adhesive strips, that way they are no longer going to attract your sequins or whatever else you are going to use as your shaker element. Place a little pile of your shaker elements in the middle of your base and then rip off the backs off those strips and adhere it down.


I made a square card for this one so I got to use my very handy Envelope Punch Board. Notice what I have used for my envelope? I can't stand, that paper that comes in our deliveries to be wasted, so I flatten it out and use for envelopes. Not sure I would use this paper if it had to go in the mail as it is a bit thin but for a card that you are hand delivering, I think it's perfect!

The inside got a bit of love too!

Did I say I was excited to be blogging with the JAI Crew?? Well, I was so excited that I made another shaker card, I couldn't help myself!


I really like how this one turned out, using A Good Day Stamp Set. It came about as I had a whole bunch of these images coloured and punched out with the Scallop Circle Punch just laying on my desk and as I was creating the first shaker card I saw them and thought how cute a bunch of them would look on a card front as individual shakers. I'm not going to lie, there is a bit more work involved in this one, making six individual shakers but so worth the effort I think!


Some inside love was created for this one too, using the dashy (because that is a word now, actually as I look back on this post there is quite a few red underlined words, you know, the ones that your program is trying to tell you are misspelt, oh well, not my problem it doesn't know Megan speak! ) circle stamp from the A Good Day Stamp Set. It looks like Designer Series Paper to me, I do love making my own backgrounds with the stamps at hand.

Well once again, I am very humbled to be blogging with the JAI Team, do check out what everyone else has created for you viewing pleasure and why not join in with the challenge and have a go at making a shaker card too! To check it all out just click on either the JAI header at the top of my post or the Just Add a Shaker graphic a bit further down from that or just CLICK HERE!

Thank you so much for stopping by!

Cheers Megan xx

8 comments:

  1. Two totally fabulous cards Megan! Love the shaker elements in the first one - so creative! And then the execution of the second - wow!!! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! I am BLOWN AWAY by your Full of Love Jar card!!!! I love the creativity, colors and style of this card! Would you please let me know the paper ink colors embossing powder stamp set etc. that you used. I NEED to make this card! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nana W! I've use Crumb Cake cardstock, DSP is Delightful Daisy & Whole Lot of Love, copper embossing powder, Pinewood Planks embossing folder, decorative ribbon border punch. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  3. It's great to have you join the team as a Guest Designer, Megan. Your cards are gorgeous, but I especially love the first one. The wooden elements in the shaker are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of your cards are beautiful, Megan! I love all the wooden elements in your first one and the tea party feel. And your second card with it’s multiple shakers windows is a work of love and super cute! It is so lovely to have you join us as a Guest Designer! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are both gorgeous card Megan! I love your idea of using the little wooden hearts in your jar shaker, just the perfect complement to the woodgrain texture background. Your second card was a wonderful surprise just love those little beautifully coloured scenes! So glad you could join us as Guest Designer this week at Just Add Ink!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh My Goodness!!! Such stunning cards, Megan. I totally love that you created two!! I adore the texture you have achieved in all your layers and wooden elements in your shaker. Your second card is my favie!! I love all the shaker elements, the bright colours and fun, beautifully coloured images. Thanks for sharing your amazing creations as Guest Designer at Just Add Ink - You smashed it out of the park xx

    ReplyDelete