Sunday 22 April 2018

CTC175 - Favourite Occasions Big Shot Project - Apron of Love




Hello lovelies! How are you today? I have had a great weekend I got so much done yesterday designing cards for our upcoming class and also getting some challenges in too! I love challenges as they get me creating a whole lot more. Are you feeling guilty about all those supplies that you aren't using enough? Why not try a challenge? I started by trying to commit to one per week and gradually built it up to sometimes entering two or three a week. No more guilt on my part, my supplies get well used! Also, there used to be a time that it would be someone's birthday that we would be going to that day and you would find me rushing around like a chook with my head cut off, (yeew! that was rather graphic wasn't it? Particularly coming from a vego!) trying to get a card made (as I refuse to buy a card when I have the ability to make one and like a meme that one of my lovely team members Bronwen posted -"A handmade card is like a hug with a fold in the middle!"). Now, I always have plenty of cards on hand for whatever occasion that pops up.

This week we are CASEing (Copy & Selectively Editing) from the ..........


So that means any Big Shot project from within those glorious pages of the Occasions Catty. I have just purchased the Apron of Love Bundle, oh so cute and my fave at the moment, that is until  the next delivery from Stampin' Up arrives! It's perfect for male & female cards and also has some adorable options for the Baker, Crafter or BBQ King/Queens that we know.

I've CASEd the yellow card in the centre pictured below.....


I've done two versions of the card, one suitable for Mother's Day and one suitable for giving to a friend. The mum version is done CAS (Clean & Simple) and the friend version has been distressed (this came about after an inky finger accidentally smudged my perfect white label, there are no mistakes in crafting, just creative opportunities!).

Clean & simple look (excuse the retired doily, I ran out!).

Distressed version - now where was that inky smudge?

Most of the time I also give the insides of my cards a little love and this is a great way to use up scraps of your Designer Series Paper......



Now, back to the challenge idea I was talking about, why not give The CASEing the Catty Challenge a go? Once per week we look at a section of the catalogues (catties) and use one of the awesome projects within them as a "jumping off point " for our own creation. Just click the graphic below for more details.....


Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, it is now time for you to hop on over to the very creative Angela Meiritz-Reid by clicking the graphic below...


Cheers Megan xx


6 comments:

  1. Great case Megan! Loving your taste in projects! teehee. I love both of your cards - love the papers and colours you've chosen! And I can't find the inky smudge anywhere - such cleverness AND creativity. Your bow detail is just perfect too - that's the bit I struggled with on this card, but yours is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely are your cards!! Gotta watch those inky fingers, I've done that before too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both cards Megan, the distressing looks great. Inky smudge........what inky smudge lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project, such a fun bundle to use, and I like your addition of the bow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards Megan and great distressing x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet Megan - love the colours! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete