Friday 2 February 2018

Mermaids Don't! - CI26


Hello lovelies! Don't you just love this saying? My daughter came across it the other day when I was creating the project for this Colour INKspiration Challenge. We both instantly loved it for it's meaning and also it gave us a laugh with it's cuteness!

The challenge colours for this challenge are.......


How gorgeous are they? They immediately had me thinking mermaids and of the card I did a little while back, you can see it HERE. This card has been admired by one of my fabulous class attendees who wanted it just for the artwork (not to be used as a greeting card) or home decor I guess you could say. Her request is for a different colour scheme but I thought this challenge would be a great opportunity to trial creating a larger art piece before I do the commissioned one. The completed piece measures 24cm x 16.5 but of course will be larger still when matted and framed.


Unfortunately, it has been raining for the last couple of days here on the Sunshine Coast (we needed the rain, so I am very grateful), getting a photo that shows off the Wink of Stella on her scales and the gorgeous Shimmery Embossing Paste proved to be a little hard, but take my word for it, it is very pretty in real life!


I embossed the mermaid with White embossing powder on Watercolour Paper and then coloured with my Aquabrush and inks. I was also pretty excited to use the Faceted Gems on this bigger piece (on my original card I used rhinestones).


Oh my gosh! If you don't have the Shimmery Embossing Paste, get it!!! It is SO (again, sorry, the picture doesn't do it justice) beautiful. Here I have used it with one of the Sweet Soiree Decorative Masks, I think this mask is meant to be chains of blossoms?? I thought they also looked like seaweed. Cakes, blossoms, seaweed very interchangeable, they do say art is very subjective!!

Thank you so much for reading my blog and if you would like to join in on the Colour INKspiration Challenges you can do so HERE, no need for a blog, just a Facebook page.

Cheers Megan xx

No comments:

Post a Comment