Sunday 14 January 2018

ESAD 2018 Occasions Catalogue and Sale-a-bration Blog Hop


Hello everyone! Welcome to ESAD's first blog hop for 2018. If you haven't started with me, then you have just hopped on over from the fabulous Fi Cobbin. We have loads of inspiration for you today, so grab yourself a beverage of your choosing and while you are up you had better get a note pad and pen, as you are going to want to start making your wishlist! Of course, the theme for this hop is the brand new Occasions Catalogue and Sale-a-bration Catalogue, so exciting. I don't know how they manage to keep putting so many awesome new things into the catalogues, but lets just say I am never without a wishlist!!

One of my favourite suites in the new catty is the Petal Passion Suite (pages 22-23), I've bought one of everything and know for sure that I will be needing to restock on embellishments and papers, they are to die for! Buying the whole suite makes creating so much easier as you have everything at your fingertips that perfectly co-ordinates together and makes designing a cinch! Also, a brilliant perk is that buying the whole suite is only about twelve dollars short of achieving two new products or one big one from the Sale-a-bration catalogue! Yes, there are two levels this year $90 & $180 and SO many awesome choices. You can see the catalogues online HERE or if you would like a hard copy (essential bedside table or coffee table reading), just contact me direct. Now, I had better show you my card, hadn't I?!


This card all started from a Brusho background I made and really loved. Have you seen the Brusho's on page 26? They are so much fun to use! They are highly pigmented watercolour powders that you can use with many different techniques, they make you feel like an artist without having to have the skill set of one! On my card, I started with a piece of watercolour paper, misted it with water and sprinkled on the powders, misted a bit more in some places & grabbed my Aquabrush to move it around where I wanted. I love that every time you use it can bring about totally different results. On this piece I used the Prussian Blue & Yellow and tried to get it to blend to a green in the middle. I love how if the powder doesn't fully dissolve it leaves flecks of stronger colour.

Once the background was fully dried it was time to pull out the Stampin Up colour collection and see which colours were going to best match with my background. I decided on Tranquil Tide and Crushed Curry with a bit of the Champagne Foil, to boot. All of the elements on my card are from Petal Palette Stamp Set & coordinating Petals & More Thinlits Dies, make sure you buy these guys as a bundle and save 10% while you can.

Some inside love.....

I hope you enjoyed my card today, it is now time for you to hop along to Barbara Williams and see what gorgeousness she has for you, just click the next arrow below and if for any reason you get lost or stuck with your hopping, I have included the list of participants below for you, you need just click on their name and you will be taken straight to their blog.



Thank you so much for taking the time to visit me, please don't hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance to you.

Cheers Megan xx

Blog Hop Participant List
11. Megan LenskeYOU ARE HERE!

13 comments:

  1. Great work Megan. Love Brusho and Petal Palette. Thanks for hopping with us

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan your Brusho background looks awesome. I can't wait to try mine

    ReplyDelete
  3. great card ... love your brusho background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome background Megan, love your work x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the brusho background. the other elements of you card tie in nicely

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Brisho background Megan and it goes well with the Petal Palette suite.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous explosion of colour Megan! Love how you've used the Brushos!! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a brilliant, vibrant card Miss M. I love that suite too and I really need to crack open my Brushos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, the background with Brusho is so rich and goes so well with the little bird and die cut leaves. I love all the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful combination of Petal Palette and Brusho Megan <3
    Cheers Shaz

    ReplyDelete