Sunday 21 January 2018

CI25 - Magical Day Gift Card


Hello lovelies!

One of my favourite challenge groups is up and running for 2018, Colour INKspiration. As the title suggests it is a colour challenge, which I love as I often end up using colour combinations I would have never thought to do.


The palette for this fortnight.

My card uses the new Magical Day Stamp Set & Magical Mates Framelits Dies, it's a super cute set and was on top of my crafty daughter's wishlist (she has her own catalogue, that she flicks through over and over!). This suite is fantastic if you have children to make cards for but is also super cute for adults. I can see the knight being used for a Valentine's Day card, something about knight in shining armour and there are plenty of big girls that don't mind a mermaid or unicorn or two!


Someone requested I make a card that would hold a gift card in it and lucky for me my very talented friend Lou Kitzelman had just posted one on her blog site. Her instructions are super easy to follow, so CLICK HERE to see her fabulous creations.


As you can see I have adhered to the Colour INKspiration colours and added silver embossing and kraft (you can add neutral colours to the palette). The kraft is from the Foil Frenzy Specialty Designer Series Paper and the Night of Navy mat is embossed with Sparkle Embossing Folder.


The inside of the card has a little pop up part for the gift card to slip into. It is punched with the Everyday Label Punch (that has been carried over from the Holiday Catalogue). Now, let me be the crash test dummy for you....... For my card base, I used Thick Whisper White cardstock, take it from me, the punch cannot punch through two layers of Thick Whisper White (cue hubbie to fix punch that I have man-handled and gotten out of whack!). It will punch through normal cardstock doubled, so stick to that! For the inside I have use sentiments from the Picture Perfect Birthday Stamp Set.

With gift card inserted!

Once I had created this cute little square card, I needed a custom envelope, out came the Envelope Punch Board!


I love to recycle, and I have made this cute envelope out of the packing paper we get with our orders, waste not, want not! 


Thank you for stopping by! If you would like to give the Colour INKspiration challenges a go, you can do so by CLICKING HERE. They are a Facebook challenge site, so no need to have a blog!

Cheers Megan xx

No comments:

Post a Comment