Wednesday 17 May 2017

Viewfinder Masculine Card for KB's International Blog Highlight

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog! Today I have a masculine card for you. Often people say they struggle with coming up with cards for the men in our lives but Stampin' Up! make it easy with fabulous stamp sets like Guy Greetings. This is one of the first stamp sets I ever bought and I was so happy to see that it was going to continue to the new catalogue, so many great images!

This card is being entered into Kylie Bertucci's International Highlights competition. I entered last month and got into the top 10 because wonderful people voted for my entry. Getting into the top 10 then allows you to participate in an international blog hop, something I love to do. If I could please ask for a little bit of your precious time again to vote for me this month please click HERE. My entry is number 8 and to vote all you need to do is click the little heart in the top right hand corner of where my piccy is. Easy!


I made a fun interactive card, not sure if they have a name but I'm calling it my viewfinder card! I think boys should like this one as you don't just look at it, you also get to play with it and turn the dial and make the man have different hats!


The way I made this card was to firstly cut the little view finder hole above his head. The little rectangle framelit from the Up & Away thinlits was the perfect size for all the hats. Next was to make the dial, the 7.5cm circle framelit was the perfect size. I then evenly spaced the six hats around the circle by dividing into six. You could probably just eyeball this but me being a little OCD had to google "how to divide a circle into 6"! If you have a geometry set at home with a compass go right ahead, I'm certainly not judging!!


These are just my templates for figuring it all out, on the original I stamped the hats directly onto the dial. You then need to attach your dial behind your card front, I attached it with a brad from my stash, its hidden behind the banner. I then cut a notch at the top of the card front with a circle punch, be sure you don't cut it so deep that you can see your images as they whirl by or make sure the images are stamped in far enough to not be seen. I really recommend making up a template with scraps so that you don't waste valuable supplies. I could give more exact measurements but for every project it will be different depending on how many images will go on the dial and which stamp set you use. I would love to see other creations so make sure you let me know if you make or have made something similar!


I also decorated the inside too! From this view you can see the the card front is mounted on top of adhesive strips this helps the dial to go round easier.



 And finally here is a little video to show the card in action! 

I do hope you have enjoyed my post today and again if I could ask you to vote for me, I would be so appreciative. Just click HERE!

Cheers Megan xx

Product List

3 comments:

  1. That's a very creative card! Love the "hat wheel!" Thanks for showing it off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool. You know - I have never made a card like that and now I have to. Fab design Megan - perfect masculine card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card! I love kinetic cards, great job Megan. Jay

    ReplyDelete