Sunday 13 August 2017

Scrapbooking Global August Bloghop - Photobooth Fun!



Happy Sunday everyone! I can't believe how the weeks fly by!

This afternoon I have something a bit different to share, a memory keeping project. Memory keeping is what got me into the wonderful world of paper craft. I have albums and albums of photos that are not only looking pretty or awesome with their bits and bobs of decorations, but are also on coffee tables and shelves ready for someone to grab and reminisce! You may have hopped on over from Sharon's page, who along with Lou Kitzelman, have gotten this first blog hop up and running. Thank you ladies for all your fabulous hard work! If you have started with me, grab a cuppa as we have lots of scrapbooking/memory keeping inspiration in store for you!


In the past couple of years, I have been having so much fun making cards that I have let my memory keeping fall to the wayside. It's been one of those things that every now and then I say, I need to do some scrapbooking, but don't do anything about it, even when Stampin' Up! provide so many wonderful products to assist with this! So, when I saw the call out on one of the Facebook groups I'm a member of, Scrapbooking Global, to do a blog hop I immediately said "Yes, me!" Blog hops and challenges, I love! They get me producing more projects as well as getting me out of my comfort zone and challenging me to use colours I may not have picked in a million years, or in this case, finally getting a memory preserved.

I still have the challenge to overcome, of getting the photos printed, it's one of those jobs I just never seem to do! For this challenge I even had all my photos uploaded onto an online printing company ready to go. Did I get around to finalising it, paying for it and hitting that final send button? No! So it was a mad dash of looking around for something I already had printed to get this project done ready for the blog hop. Please, if you have any suggestions on how you get yours done, do share!


I happened across this fun photo booth photo my daughter and I did a few years ago. I've had it on my pin board as I love it, but thought seeing as I love it so much, it is about time I preserved it, especially as I can't just go and print another one. I love fun, non formal photos and the Pick a Pattern Designer Series Paper (DSP) was perfect for this fun photo. I've actually used quite a range of different products with this page, that is one of the reasons I love Stampin' Up! so much, as everything is coordinated right across the catalogue with their core colour range and it makes it so easy to design with.

My layout is a 6" x 8" (the black and white piece is only a photo back drop! if you wanted to make a 12" x 12" layout you could just make it a permanent fixture!), I find that the smaller albums are the ones that are the most picked up and viewed and designing them is just that bit quicker, so more memory keeping achieved in less time.

How I put this together-:

  • Emerald Envy base
  • Matted with Sahara Sand, stamped all over with the circles from the Pieces and Patterns Stamp Set
  • Photo strip matted with Pick a Pattern DSP
  • Tab punched with Circle Tab punch and stamped with the Tabs for Everything Stamp Set
  • Title circle is stamped with the Eastern Beauty Stamp Set and die cut with the Stitched Shape Circle matted on a Scalloped Circle
  • Emerald Envy & Flirty Flamingo medallion and the Crushed Curry flower type medallion uses the Eastern Medallions Thinlits
  • The cute camera DSP circle is also from the Pick a Pattern DSP and die cut with a Stitched Shape Circle Thinlit
I hope you have enjoyed seeing something a bit different, for more scrapbooking inspiration please continue on with the blog hop by clicking on the next button below, your next stop is Peta, my friend and gorgeous upline.


Or if you get lost, a list of all participants is below and you can click the link to go directly to their page. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog!

Cheers Megan xx


Blog Hop Participant List:

11 comments:

  1. Megan, this looks great...Yep I am sure we are all guilty of NOT printing our photos...
    Thanks for joining our very first hop, Looking forward to the NEXT Hop.
    Cheers Shaz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you fit so much detail onto a 6x8 page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it will last longer being in an album! Nice layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this layout! And it uses my favourite DSP :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! I love the Pick a Pattern suite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cool page, Megan! Great punches of color :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. great page, that paper is so fun. I love the layout and how you used the circle tab punch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What better way to preserve such great memories of 2 of my favourite people. I love all the little design details you have added especially the circle tab.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely layout! This has been my favourite suite to scrapbook with

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun layout Megan. It works so well with Pick a Pattern DSP.

    ReplyDelete