Monday 1 May 2017

Pop Up Box Card for Colour INKspiration #08

I have a very special card to share today, that I made for my daughters birthday, she turns 17 this week and is my eldest, where did that time go?? Come birthday morning, it is a big thing to see what creation Mum made for your birthday card. Don't get me wrong, my kids are normal & look forward to all the other festivities that come with your birthday, like cake & pressies but the card is a big part of it.





As you can see it is a pop up box in a card, so the choice was quite easy as I had made the pop up box in the tray for my son's birthday in February, you can see that post HERE. My gorgeous friend Lou Kitzelman was in turn inspired by my creation and created a version that could be sent in a normal envelope in the mail, my daughter admired Lou's card so I in turn took inspiration from Lou and made my version of the card, you can see Lou's beautiful card HERE. That is one of the best things about the Stampin! Up community, is all the sharing of ideas, inspiration and wonderful friends that you make.




This is the front of the card closed and held shut with a ribbon. When she opens it, up pops the 3D cube inside the card. Additional to the colour palette of Delightful Dijon, Tip Top Taupe, Soft Suede, Early Espresso & Very Vanilla, I have added Copper, aaahhh Copper so so pretty in real life.




Another view of the inside, proving flowers don't have to be the typical pinks,reds, purples etc.


A close up of the elements on the front. I love how you can take wooden embellishments and modify them with embossing powder or inks. Here I have taken the Sending Love wooden embellishments and pressed them into versamark ink before dipping into copper embossing powder. Hit them with the heat gun and voila you have coordinating metallic embellishments!

I hope you have enjoyed seeing my card today, I have to fly and pack for our secret birthday trip, it's driving her crazy not knowing where she is going but I can't wait to see her face when she finds out!

As per normal, below you will find the list of most of the things I have used to make this card. You can click on any of the items to be taken direct to my shop where you can shop 24/7 and in your jarmies if you so choose or if I can help you out in anyway please contact me direct.

Cheers Megan xx







Product List

2 comments:

  1. Oh Megan. This is just gorgeous. Now I need to make a card inspired by this card so the cycle can continue. Now .... a 17 year old? That can't be right. You don't look much older than that yourself.....note to self... book optometrist appointment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! you are too kind, NOT! Your eyes are just fine Lou!

      Delete